The document below sets out the Terms and Conditions that apply when making a booking using the City of San Jose/Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (“Airport”) Parking Online Reservation System (“SJC ORS”) to park at a Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport Parking Facility (“Airport Parking Facility”). By making a reservation or entering the Airport Parking Facility, you acknowledge and accept these Online Parking Reservation System Terms and Conditions, referred to hereafter as “SJC ORS Terms and Conditions.”
In these Terms, references to “the Operator” are references to the contract Parking Operator responsible for managing the parking facility and providing customer service for all Online Reservation parking patrons at Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (“the Airport”). In these Terms “you” and “your” refer to any person who makes a booking via the Website and “we” and “us” refers to the Airport as described above. All online bookings are made between you and the Operator acting on behalf of the Airport.
The SJC ORS and Service are only available to users with the legal capacity to enter binding contracts under applicable law. By using the SJC ORS, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older and that you are fully able to enter and abide by all the terms and conditions herein.
Online Parking Reservations
The City provides the SJC ORS by which you may reserve future parking in an Airport Parking Facility (“Reservation”). Reservations are available on a first come, first serve basis are subject to availability. Reservations for less than 24 hours will be subject to a minimum daily rate and thereafter the full daily rate accrues at the beginning of each 24-hour period.
When you have submitted a request using the SJC ORS, you will receive an email confirmation of your Reservation containing receipt of payment, a confirmation code, and QR code. Without a confirmation code and QR code your reservation is not complete. When your parking reservation is submitted online, the rate is secured. For this reason, your reservation rate may not be combined with any additional coupons, special offers, or other promotion when you exit the parking lot.
SJC reserves the right to limit the number of Reservations per User or the number of parking stalls available for booking via the SJC ORS.
If your stay extends beyond your reservation date and times, you will be charged for any additional hours or days at current posted facility rates that were not paid for when you booked your reservation online. If your stay is LESS than your reservation dates and time, NO REFUND will be issued for unused portions of the reservation. A four (4) hour grace period is built in to the beginning and end of each Reservation before additional charges begin to accrue.
The Reservation is non-transferable either from you to someone else or between different parking facilities located on the Airport.
The Reservation is valid only for the times, dates, price and parking facility specified in your Reservation.
The Airport and Operator does not accept responsibility for flight changes, including flight delays or if you miss your flight or airline check-in has closed because of failure to enter the parking facility on time, unload and check-in luggage and board your flight.
Parking Facilities Use
The terms and conditions of use of the parking facility are as follows:
- Parking facilities are priced per 24 hour period or part thereof. Prices are subject to change. Quotes are valid at the time of booking only. The number of “days” (24 hour periods) charged when you pre-book are calculated on the basis of the times you select when making your booking. However, if your actual entry and exit time changes from that specified in your booking and as a result your actual time in the facility results in an overstay, you will be liable for all additional fees. Please note that this applies irrespective of the reason for the overstay, unless the overstay is caused by the Operator.
- All prices shown are in U.S. dollars.
- When entering the parking facility, it is imperative that you follow the instructions you are issued via email at the time you booked your reservation.
- When you park your vehicle, it is your responsibility to:
- Lock your vehicle securely;
- Properly secure all values and possessions. The Airport and Operator cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage occurring to your vehicle or possessions.
- The Airport and Operator do not accept liability for:
- Damage to your vehicle (whether caused accidentally or by way of vandalism);
- Theft of, or from your vehicle
- If you fail to retrieve your vehicle more than 30 days after the date which you have specified to exit in the reservation without notifying the Operator, we will deem the vehicle to have been abandoned. In such circumstances the local police department will facilitate the removal and impound of your vehicle.
- The Airport is a public parking facility. No bailment is created as a result of the use of the parking facilities.
We reserve the right to relocate any vehicle within or outside the parking facility to the extent that we deem necessary to carry out the efficient management and security of the parking facility.
If your vehicle is parked in a manner which (in our reasonable assessment) is unsafe, is outside of a designated parking space, impedes the free flow of traffic in and around the parking facility or is in breach of any restriction marked on signage or on the ground, we may have your vehicle relocated without notice, and you will be responsible for the costs of said relocation and recovery.
Parking Facility Regulations
Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours a day -
- All vehicles must be parked in designated parking spaces.
- Vehicles parked over 30 days from the end time and date of your Reservation must have prior authorization from the Operator (408) 441-5570.
- Parking spaces with designated time limits are strictly enforced.
- Parking fees will be calculated upon the number of spaces occupied per vehicle.
- No parked vehicle shall impede or obstruct two-way traffic flow.
- Do not exceed posted speed limits.
The following are not permitted in the parking facility, and we reserve the right to refuse to allow use of the parking facility if you attempt to:
- Conduct any service work, cleaning or repairs to your vehicle;
- Carry out any business activity, including but not limited to in connection with selling, hiring or other disposal of your vehicle;
- Filling or emptying of fuel tanks;
- Misusing or damaging any part of the parking facility;
- Driving dangerously or too fast;
- Cooking or lighting fires
- No vehicle habitation is allowed in any Airport Parking Facility
- No illegal or unauthorized activities are to be conducted in parking facility
Violator's are subject to citation and/or tow at owner’s expense per 21113(a) CVC & 22651(n) CVC & 25.16.030 SJMC. Towed vehicles may be reclaimed by calling (408) 277-4156.
Reservation Amendments, Cancellations and Refunds
You may cancel your booking at any time up to 2 hours before the beginning of the Reservation period (your Reservation Entry Date/Time) and receive a full refund. For help with cancellations, modifications, or refunds, please call the Operator at 408-441-5579 or email ParkingSJC@sjc.org. The Operator is available to assist with the above changes Monday thru Friday, 9AM to 6PM, and closed on weekends and Holidays. Please allow up to two (2) business days, not including weekends and Holidays, for a response from the Parking Office.
Entering and Exiting Airport Parking Facility with a Reservation
Customers with a Reservation enters the Airport Parking Facility using the same entry lanes as other customers. You must scan the QR code associated with your Reservation at the entry gate. The QR code associated with your Reservation is required for entry into the Airport Parking Facility.
Your Reservation is only valid for the Airport Parking Facility for which you have paid. If you enter a different lot from the one you have booked you will incur a charge for your length of stay in the lot at the posted rate specified for that location. Upon arrival, do not press the option to obtain a physical parking ticket. Please ensure that you retain the QR code associated with your Reservation as it is required again to exit the Airport Parking Facility.
Online Reservations and Airport Parking Facility Capacity
In the unlikely event the Airport Parking Facility for your Reservation is full upon arrival, the Airport will issue a full refund of your Reservation charges.
Resale of Online Booking / Commercial Use
The Reservation is not permitted to be sold, rented, transferred, conveyed, or made available in any other way to third parties, whether on its own or bunded with other products or services with the Airport’s expressed written consent. If you do so, this will result in the non-refundable cancellation of the Reservation. A Reservation is not to be used for commercial purposes at any time.
In order to process a Reservation, the Airport will collect and store personal information including your name, address, phone number, email and vehicle license plate. Your use of the SJC ORS indicated your consent for the Airport to collect and store such information.
The online Reservation Web Site is operated by a secured third-party Chauntry Parkspace Web Services (“Chauntry”). When you register and create an account on the San Jose International Airport Parking Web Site, Chauntry will collect and store your information, such as your address, email, credit card number, cardholder name, credit card expiration month and year, first and last name, mobile number, and vehicle license plate number. If you make a reservation online as a guest, the same information is stored except your credit card number. The Airport does not have direct access to your credit card information.
Automated License Plate Recognition System
You agree to indemnify the City of San Jose and hold it harmless, from and against all losses, cost, expenses, damages, or liability relating to, arising from or as a result of your use of the Airport Parking Facility, including, without limitation, a violation by you of these Terms and Conditions at any time.
Disclaimer/Limitation of Liability
Upon arrival at the Airport Parking Facility, park and lock one vehicle in a designated area at your sole risk. The City of San Jose and Parking Operator will not be responsible for vehicle custody or control of your vehicle or its contents are fire, theft, damage, or loss. Only an authorization to park is granted hereby and no bailment is created. No employee may waive any of these terms. By parking, you agree to all foregoing terms.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
The Airport reserves the right to change the SJC ORS Terms and Conditions at any time. Please ensure that you check the SJC ORS Terms & Conditions posted at the time of booking and/or prior to entering the Airport Parking Facility.
Any comments relating to SJC ORS Reservations at an Airport Parking Facility should be directed to ParkingSJC@sjc.org.